Having in mind that “the increasing use of e-readers and tablets for literary reading warrants closer scrutiny of the effects of such interfaces on affective and emotional processes and outcomes”, we think that the collaboration between scholars from field of psychology and scholars from field of literature studies. This collaboration can be productive if we want to measure the impact of digital reading devices to cognitive, social, emotional etc. skills.
We are interested to make a surveys among students in Macedonia
- Preferred reading: print/digital
- The reason for the selected option
- Impact of economic situation on selected option
- Impact of access to technology on selected option
- Impact of access to e-texts/printed books on selected option.
- Did (and how) texts (e.g., genre; complexity; length; layout/structure; stylistic features; literariness) have impact on choice of reading device (digital/print)
- Did (and how) reader related characteristics (age; gender…) have impact on choice of reading device (digital/print)