Cultural Literacy in Europe: Second Biennial Conference, Warsaw 10-12 May 2017
Deadline: October 15th, 2016
This international conference aims to bring together new and innovative work in the field of literary and cultural studies. Cultural Literacy in Europe 2017 is dedicated to the issue of motion, which is crucial for the contemporary human condition.
- How are ways of remembering and forgetting linked to mobility? Is cultural memory changing in the light of new forms of mobility?
- How does affect theory help us understand contemporary migration and its cultural representations?
- Migration and translation – how do either or both of these activities divide or unite national and linguistic groups?
- How are creative representations refreshed in a newly mobile world? What limits or empowers the representation of mobile lives?
- How do mobile, ever-changing and fluid digital texts of news feeds, blogs, social media sites or artistic creations reshape our engagement with culture and identitybuilding processes?
Download Call for Papers (pdf) with more details and guidelines for authors.