Third NeuroHumanities Dialogue “Ars et Ingenium: The Processes of Imagination”, 26 – 28 May, University of Catania
The NewHums Research Center – Neurocognitive and Humanities Studies of the University of Catania (Italy), the International NeuroHumanities Studies Network and the Lamberto Puggelli Foundation are proud to announce the Third NeuroHumanities Dialogue, Ars et Ingenium: the Processes of Imagination, which is going to take place at the Benedictine Monastery of Piazza Dante, Catania (Italy) on May 26, 27 and 28, 2016.
Keynote speakers of the “Dialogue” 2016 are:
- Semir Zeki, neurobiologist and founder of Neuroaesthetics from University College of London
- Mark Turner, cognitive scientist and founding director of the Cognitive Science Network from Case Western Reserve University
- Deborah Jenson, humanities scholar and coordinator of the NeuroHumanities Research Group of Duke University
- Arthur M. Jacobs, experimental and neurocognitive psychologist from Free University of Berlin
- Helmut Leder, Head of the Department of Basic Psychological Research and Research Methods at the University of Vienna
- Gabrielle Starr, Dean of the College of Arts and Science at New York University
A group of invited scholars will contribute to the dialogue as respondents and will lead an open roundtable on the third day.
Alexander Bergs (University of Osnabrück), Andrea Binelli (University of Trento), Silvia Bonacchi (University of Warsaw), Lorella Bosco (University of Bari), Alessandro Fambrini (University of Pisa), Nicola Laneri (Università di Catania), Jana Lüdtke (Freie Universität Berlin), Pierre-Louis Patoine (University Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3), Theresa Sylvester (Freie Universität Berlin), Hannah C. Wojciehowski (University of Texas at Austin)
For further details, please visit the website: http://www.neurohumanitiestudies.eu/NHS2016/